Call us today for room inspection 07 3200 4444 / (+61) 490 677 239

Student and single share accommodation
66 University Drive, Meadowbrook


Here we've attempted to answer the most common questions we receive about UniCentral Griffith.
If you're still unsure of something, please don't hesitate to contact us.

1. Do girls and guys share villas?
Yes, most villas are mixed. But we do have girls only rooms that you can ask us for those room

2. So what do I need to bring?
All your linen (towels, double bed linen, pillows, blankets etc), your cooking utensils, plates & cutlery, kettle & toaster. TVs are not provided however all rooms have TV connection points. All villas have microwaves so microwave safe cookware comes in handy. Irons & ironing boards are not supplied.

3. Are my meals provided?
Meals are not supplied however there are full cooking facilities in each villa. During semesters the Uni has a range of good value meal options. Only 5 minutes from UniCentral there are a number of food outlets, including Hungry Jacks, McDonalds, Red Rooster, Subway, and the local Hotel/Tavern.

4. Are computers provided?
You will need to bring your own computer.

5. How do I pay for my phone calls?
Every Resident has their own telephone line in his/her room. Calls are pre-paid and can be paid in person at the office. Intercom between rooms is free. Refer to handbook.

6. If I don’t have a carport, where do I park my car?
Students who are not paying for a carport may park their cars in the allocated parking bays along the front fence within the complex.

7. How do I pay my boarding fees?
Rent is paid each fortnight. Payment can be made by:-
Arranging for the funds to be transferred from your bank account into the UniCentral account.
Internet Banking using your own computer.
Calling into the office and paying by EFTPOS between 10am and 3pm Monday to Friday.
Payment by Credit Card is acceptable but will incur a 2.5% fee charge.

8. Is there public transport close by?
There is a bus stop right out the front of UniCentral with an excellent service to the Logan Hyperdome, Rail connections as well as both Nathan and Mount Gravatt campuses.

9. What does fortnightly cleaning assistance mean?
Regular cleaning of the common areas of your villa is carried out every two weeks. This includes lounge/dining areas, kitchen and laundry. The cleaners do not clean your bedroom or Ensuite. Check the Resident Handbook for cleaning rosters.

10. What if I don’t get along with my room mates?
Every effort is made, with the assistance of management, to resolve any problems that may arise between room mates. If you continue to experience difficulties we will endeavour to move you to another villa if one is available. Refer to handbook.

11. Will my villa be furnished?
Villas include kitchen and laundry appliances, lounge and dining room suites, double beds, built-in study desks, desk chairs and ceiling fans.

12. What happens if I leave before my boarding agreement expires?
If you sign a full academic semester boarding agreement you are bound by the conditions of the agreement. If you do depart prior you will forfeit your bond plus two weeks of rent.

13. Is there anything else I have to pay for?
Electricity, phone rental, internet access and cleaning assistance are all included in your boarding fees. The only other costs are food and phone usage. Spare change for the snack vending machines and pool table is always handy.

14. Are there lots of rules to follow?
Download a copy of the Resident Handbook from the web site. Have a good read through to ensure you understand all the House Rules.

15. Can I have guests visit and stay?
Remember that you will be living with other people and that you all have a say in what happens in your villa. If your room mates don’t mind visitors, then it’s not a problem – if they do, you may need to compromise. Refer to the Resident Handbook for additional information

16. How can I get information on rental assistance?
The telephone number (within Australia) for Centrelink Youth and Student Services is 132490.